Aventura Holiday Resorts in South Africa are a great way to get away for an excellent outdoors family holiday and to soak up and appreciate the beauty South Africa has to offer. They have now actually been renamed “Forever Resorts South Africa”, but are still known to many as Aventura.
The resorts stretch across South Africa, but all have a common theme of outdoor entertainment, camping, hiking, caravanning, horse riding and appreciating South Africa’s natural beauty. This said, they do however accommodate for everything from Camp sites to high class luxury accommodation. Forever resorts proudly boast the following facilities:
- Hotels & Lodges: It has 12 hotel and lodges around South Africa, these are all very upmarket places, but you’ll still usually find the bill at the end of the week quite a bit more comfortable than the equivalent at some of the “fancier” hotel groups like Southern Sun or Sun International.
- Self-catering resorts: There are eleven self catering resorts as part of Forever’s portfolio. There are specifically aimed at family getaways and as such are all built on or around water. Two very well known such resorts are Warmbaths, and the Keurbooms River resort, which is just outside of Plettenberg Bay, right on the river for fishing, skiing, tubing and camping.
- Camping & Caravanning: There are camp sites and caravan sites at almost all of the self-catering resorts, giving families the option both in terms of space and personal preference and in terms of cost. Of course once you’re set up with good camping equipment, a holiday in a tent or caravan can be significantly cheaper than in a lodge or chalet. And with young kids, there’s also a certain extra appeal to feeling like you’re right outdoors.
- Conferencing: Forever offers conference facilities at a number of their venues, they provide for groups of up to 600 candidates and offer everything from straightforward venue hire to fully serviced and catered for conferences.
- Hydros and Spas: Of course a holiday isn’t the same without a little bit of pampering, and for that there’s the Spa. The famous Hydros at Warmbaths has been around since long before spas were so popular and offers the full range of massages and other treatments.
- Weddings: With their strong focus on outdoor beauty, it seems obvious that Forever offers wedding facilities and organisation. Similar to the conferencing options, the guests can choose anything from simple venue hire to a fully coordinated and catered wedding. The nice addition at many of these resorts is that for late night wedding receptions guests can arrange to stay at the resort, so there’s no need to cut the party short. Of course fantastic honeymoon suites are also available at some of the resorts.
- Loskop Country: Loskop Dam in Mpumalanga is an amazing 27 kilometres long and forms part of the Loskop Nature Reserve. This beautiful getaway destination is great for animal and wildlife enthusiasts and with accommodation to suit every lifestyle- 8 different properties ranging from camping to luxury accommodation to be exact. What is more is that it is just a stones-throw away from Johannesburg. If you enjoy taking part in running races, then there are even two races that you can take part in – one being a 50km marathon and the other a 21.5km half marathon. Both of these races are proudly sponsored by Forever Resorts. In addition to this, every September, thousands of anglers descend on the lake to take place in the annual Light Takle Fishing Boat competition. This just shows that there really is something for everyone and every need in this Forever Resort.
So if this is all starting to sound really good and you need a break away from life, or need a destination for your wedding, then why not take a look at Aventura Holiday Resorts in South Africa now known as Forever Resorts South Africa.